Thursday, November 19, 2009
Saturday, October 24, 2009
Toughts on Trolls:
-Godlike Racials (Beast Slaying <3)
-Machine Gun effect if RF+Beserking+Bloodlust are popped.
-Attracts Black orbs ><
Anyway, my gear has improved with three (!) pieces of 258 gear in a week time. If I add the Crafted chest in there +3* 34Arp gems, I'm at the softcap again. Hurray, hurray!
Best Upgrade: honestly 258 crossbow owns! 240 weapon DPS, win, win, win, win!
Crusader's Dragonscale Breastplate
TWO HANDER FFS. I want to get rid of Marrowstrike.
A cloack would be nice, I prolly got the hit to make up for the loss.
Then filling up the caps: neck, hands, HC Death's Verdict to finish probably.
Note: I'm already ICC ready, but hey, going in ICC with Marrowstrike and Gloves of the Dark Exile, meh.
So yeah, Azlannagh, I mean Monck out.
Sunday, August 23, 2009
Took me another week to determine what was the best path to get the remainder of Arp gear from.
I changed Jounrney's End out for Marrowstrike (<3 colli 5 loot).
Changed out Gloves of the Fiery Behemoth for Gloves of Dark Exile.
I got myself Belt of Dragons and an extra point in FA.
And finally Dextrous Brighstone Ring.
I was doubting either to get the T9 Conquest leggings (loose the 4pcs bonus and get Iron Studded Mantle back in) but that turned out to be a DPS loss vs the ring and keeping the bonus.
Now I need to swap out 2 more gems and then I'm at 566 passive Arp. 577 is needed to hit the cap with the runestone proc. Pretty nice huh?
Now I'll just have to wait how it performs in a raid. I really can't wait tbh.
Monday, August 10, 2009
Took me a while with the holiday and all.
But what nice about it: I can now drop Arcane Shot from my rotation. That allows me to use it when I'm on the move. Which is pretty cool.
So my rotation looks like this: (SrS) CHS - AS - SS x4 rinse and repeat.
Working great for me so far.
Tuesday, August 4, 2009
Friday, July 3, 2009
Wonderful, when I DPS I feel - yeah, this sounds freaky - connected with everything going on and I have no problems whatsoever finding the info I need.
With the recent chnage in keybinds (Aspect Change on Middle mouse button, Pet management on ²-button). I solved two problem that kept haunting me: 1. Pet deaths 2. Forgetting what aspect I was in.
Also, if I'm to believe ma sheetz, ArP's value is buidling up in my gear.
Here's how it scales:
Stat - Armor Penetration
You need approximately 12.39 armor pen rating to reduce 1% of the targets armor. In actuality, it reduces a percentage of a theoretical armor pen cap which is normally slightly less then the targets actual effective armor. You would need 1239 armor pen rating to achieve 100% armor pen, but the current mechanics leave this at 2% mitigation from armor. Apparently it is possible to continue this and reduce boss armor below 0, doing more than unmitigated damage. For more information on armor pen see discussion here, mostly around page 18.
It's indeed a parabole, the more you get, the more it's worth, and I'm only started nibbling at the bottom.
Now here's my UI.
That was about it.
Az aka Lion.
Tuesday, June 23, 2009
The macro works as you can see. (I Fired a AiS at 20:41:59.859, prolly started spamming the button half a second earlier... Like shown here
The macro used was:
#showtooltip aimed shot
#show aimed shot
/cast [target=pettarget,exists] kill command
/cancelaura Abominable Might
/cancelaura Unleashed Rage
/cast aimed shot
/cast silencing shot
(Unfortunately no Enh Shammy in the raid.)
The intersting thing is that I didn't get my own TSA (despite recasting it after I got rebirthed) but my friends one.
I didn't fire enough AiS that raid to provide real solid data (Vezax and onwards is in SV), but I think the glyph works, given the fact you regain your own TSA and not you neighbour's.
It was by coincidence I discovered this because normally the other MM hunter wouldn't have had TSA.
I hope the data is somewhat useful.
Monday, June 22, 2009
Looks better then Glyph of Chimera Shot but there's a catch: Abominable Strenght and Unleashed Rage.
To counter that (aka TSA getting overwritten) I'm currently using a Macro to remove those buffs.
I'll need a log however to check on it. So no 'real' data untill monday.
Working in pairs to buff hunter's (1 TSA and 1 IHM) is something that I'm testing from now on aswell.
Az. aka Lion
Wednesday, June 10, 2009
Well that has a far greater impact then I tought.
Recently MM has bccome top DPS, now 7/57/7 is the build to go, but when you alreadyhave those in your raid you can drop IHM and/or TSA. Quite logically you put the freed up points in ISS and Improved Barrage.
But what happends? Aimed and Arcane shots eat away all the precious procs. So By dropping Glyph of chimera Shot things get in order again and a steady CS - AiS - AS - SS*3 takes his rightfull place again.
I'm going to test this all out once we get past Vezax, a fight at which SV reigns supreme.
Wednesday, June 3, 2009
With the Glyphs of CHs and Ais the whole rotation effectively dropped 1s.
I'm still wondering wether or not I should keep this fixed rotation...
Or should I just spam CD's, like SV?
Stuff to think about I reckon.
EDIT: Decided to drop AS Glyph, it was giving my rotation too much of a headache.
Sunday, May 31, 2009
While trolling the net yesterday, I discovered macro's to never let a single KC (or silencing shot) be longer of cooldown then 1.5s.
This shows the correct tooltip
This shows the correct icon (don't have to set it yourself)
/cast [target=pettarget, exists]
Casts Kill Command, if your pet has a target
Casts the skill
/cast Silencing Shot
Casts Silencing shot.
And now for all you who get their (and their comrades) arses freezed on Hodir:
#showtooltip Master's call
#show Master's Call
/cast [target=mouseover, exists][Target=player] Master's Call
This macro let's you safe your teammates on Mouseover, or yourself when you mouseover yourself or nothing.
And then the nuke macro: (I kinda failed here before, putting Call of the Wild on autocast, that was damn well stupid.)
#showtooltip rapid fire
#show rapid fire
/use 13 Allows you to use useable trinkets
/use 14 Second trinket slot
/cast Bestial Wrath
/cast rapid fire
/cast call of the wild
Voila these were the revelations of yesterday.
Hope you liked em!
Saturday, May 30, 2009
Spec: 7/57/7 is the most common Cookiecutter.
Now in 3.1.3 there will be an insteresting change 300AP Hunter's mark will become 500AP. Yadda, Yadda.
Big deal you think. But no. The talent (maybe the glyph aswell) may actually be worthwile now. Atleast I think it's a good idea to have 1 hunter rolling with it in the raid.
For MM it will be a no-brainer, but it will steal points from Improved Barrage/Steady Shot depending on the build.
So u'll get: 7/55/7 +2 to spend as you wish. (You can drop the mana regen on RF)
I'm not too big a fan of ISS, so screw that talent.
Crit: Very viable for MM hunters. Our crits hit verty hard, so the more the better.
AP: Scales nicely with talents. Not as important for MM as for Bm tho.
Agi: The best thing to gem for. Combines Ap and Crit (and you'll be able to use the same gear for SV)
Haste: Has limited use for MM. With IAotH your SS will be close to the GCD anyhow.
Arpen: Nice not mandatory tho. Does not benefit all shots tho (Arcane, Nature part of Chimera shot)
When in doubt Spreadsheet it (tm)
Chimera (first to catch ISS procs if talented)
SS*3 (*2 of not <1.5s cast)
(SS = Macro with KC, SS and Silencing shot in it.)
This was a quick MM 101. I hope it was usefull.
Wednesday, April 22, 2009
Sunday, March 22, 2009
Monday, March 16, 2009
But for extra text's sake, here they are:
* Entrapment redesigned: When your Frost Trap, Immolation Trap, Explosive Trap and Snake Trap are triggered, you entrap all afflicted targets, preventing them from moving for 2/4/6 seconds.
* T.N.T.: Gives your Explosive Shot a 33/66/100% chance to refresh the duration of your Immolation Trap effect on the target.
* Trap Mastery: This talent has been moved up to tier-2, up from tier-9, and is now a 3-point talent.
* Trap Mastery, Resourcefulness and T.N.T. now all affect Black Arrow.
The black arrow thing we already knew, right.
This will be my spec if the PTR goes live. All of that is probably subject to change.
Also there aint much to write on the loot of the PTR since the stats are placeholders and there are on SS's of the final design. They look pretty cool tho.
Further, I'm working on a post a bout the great tool Rawr.
PS: The talents of MMO-champion aren't updated yet, don't ask why...
Saturday, March 7, 2009
Explosive Shot: 30-35% of total damage.
Auto Shot: 22-26%
Steady Shot: 12-15%
Pet: Swing: 7-11%
Pet: Claw: 6-8%
Another nice trick to see if you, or any hunter in the raid, is keeping Serpent up: check your WWS analysis, divide the total time of the encounter (in seconds) by three and compare the number you get with the number of ticks on serpent sting.
A patchwerk fight is brilliant to analyse these breakdowns.
Friday, March 6, 2009
Aspect of the Pack now affects the whole raid, range extended to 40 yards.
Whee! No more Switching in parties. I've to do it alot in raids without a lock.
T.N.T. now affects Black Arrow
Trap Mastery now affects Black Arrow.
This got to be the best news I heard since I knew BA even existed... With points to spend in trap mastery it's no longer required to spend points in a less useful talent, Hawk Eye. Instead spec imba Shadow DoT DPS. I can hardly wait to test it out when it goes live, let's hope it stays this way.
The talent calculator on MMO Champion has been updated save for the TNT talent... But since one would spec in it anyway, it doesn't matter much.
My Spec, should the PTR be live now, now looks like this.
Lion, who is excited!
The last PTR included zero hunter changes so I had little to write about...
My Calc's for ES are right btw, I just verifyed that with the updated MMO-Champion talent calculator.
And for shit & gigles I'll give you a screenie from yesterdays Maly10 run.
Click to enlarge and see my DPS, we downed him seconds before enrage. =)
PS: I think my next post will be on the Strange spec the Ensidia hunters currently have.
Sunday, March 1, 2009
Gratz to us! Let's keep up the good work.
Saturday, February 28, 2009
1) Trap Launcher is a very cool idea and something we would love to do. However, it requires a lot of tech and may end up beyond the scope of what we can do for patch 3.1. We don't want to give hunters a buggy, half-baked ability. If you are going on the PTR to test Ulduar or just mess around with numbers, I wouldn't worry about this ability, at least for now.
2) Black Arrow is on the trap cooldown timer, and we assume largely for PvE. Black Arrow is your ability to proc things normally caused by traps (like LnL) in PvE situations when using a trap is a pain or the target is immune.
3) Think of Lock and Load triggering from traps (esp. Frost Trap) as a PvP mechanic. Think of Lock and Load triggering from periodic ticks (esp. Black Arrow) as a PvE mechanic. In PvE, you may want to use traps on trash or group pulls however. In PvP, nothing is stopping you from using Black Arrow if it works for you.
So far the good news...
Looks like blizzard wants us to use the new Black Arrow instead of the Serpent Sting. Although it's not clear in which category Immolation trap is located: PvP'ish traps or PvE'ish DoT.
Now some less good news...
- Explosive Shot: Base damage lowered by 10%. Attack power scaling reduced by 12.5%
Noes! This is no good... It's feels like a flashback to the Steady nerf.
When taken into account that Viper Sting will actually return 300% of the drained mana to you in the current build of the PTR, it looks like our mana problems are over. And since we don't HAVE to use serpent anymore, this will be popular in fights were mana regen is a bit of a pain, KT for example.
I have no clue if the nice and shiny new Black Arrow DoT will make up for the lost damage from ES. But since I'm not on the PTR I can't test it. We'll have to wait and see for the final notes, I guess.
Here's the formula for Black Arrow as it is on the PTR: [RAP * 0.1 + 2765] over 15s, with a cooldown of 30 seconds (It's on the trap CD! Go specc resourcefulness!) + 6% more damage from all your attacks on the target.
Here's the current ES formula:
(RAP x 0.16 + 428) – (RAP x 0.16 + 516) damage. And of course this happens three times over 3 sec.
PTR one: [RAP * 0.14 + 385.5] - [RAP * 0.14 + 464.4] *3 over three seconds.
Now some math: Let's say I got 4300 RAP (which is about true, unbuffed).
The old one does: 1116 - 1204
The new does: 987.5 - 1066
That's roughly a 11.5% nerf.
Now let's see what more DPS we are losing:
Noxious Stings: -3% (I don't see the point in speccing this anymore...)
TNT: -9% crit
ES: -11.5% damage
Total: -14.5% damage and -9% crit
What we gain in 3.1 (conerning ES):
Black Arrow: +6%, 5/8 of the time so: 3.75%
Glyphed ES: 4% extra crit.
TNT: +6% damage.
Total: 9.75% damage and 4% crit
Grand Total: -4.75% damage and -5% crit
Now with this comparison I'm assuming that you are on max range every time so you gain Sniper. I'm guessing that the Sniper uptime will be higher with 3.1.
I think this is the Spec I'll be going with if the hunters stay the way they are on PTR atm.
I hope this was more or less correct... I'll stay in touch with MMO-Champion for new updates.
PS: My Source on this was WoWhead and MMO-champion, the new ES formula is my own however and could be slightly incorrect...
Thursday, February 26, 2009
The End of the Previous Post on Survival talents:
I'm using only 2 Macro's during raids.
SS Spam macro:
Create a macro that combines Steady Shot, Kill Shot and Kill Command. My macro uses Kill Shot first (if ready), then tries to cast SS and then casts Kill Command.
Disenage & Wingclip:
Okay now for the second post:
Loatheb's Shadow VS Bandit's Insigna
Pros: On demand nuke powah!
Con's: You gotta click it yourself, and most people on use it during bosses
Pros: Pretty OP stat, and you don't need to click shit.
Con's: No on demand pwnage.
I chose Bandit's over Loatheb's because, as stated before, because I never use it on trash. So the stat is alot better for me Le Slackeur. When I want to nuke I use Rapid Fire. I lost some crit, as my Amory Profile painfully states, but I'm gaining more again.
DPS try-outs favor Loa over Bandit, but then you're required to use it once it is ready.
3.1.0: New talents and a new rotation!
- Glyph - Aimed Shot -- Reduces the cooldown of your Aimed Shot ability by 2 sec. (Old: Reduces the mana cost of your aimed shot ability by 20%)
- Glyph of the Monkey -- While Aspect of the Monkey or Aspect of the Dragonhawk are active, each time you dodge you gain 30% increased movement speed for 6 sec. Can only occur every 20 sec. This speed does not stack with other movement speed increasing effects. (Old: Glyph of Aspect of the Monkey -- While Aspect of the Monkey or Aspect of the Dragonhawk are active, each time you dodge you gain 30% increased movement speed for 6 sec. This speed does not stack with other movement speed increasing effects.)
- Glyph of Wyvern Sting -- Decreases the cooldown of your Wyvern Sting by 6 sec. (Old: Decreases the cooldown of your Wyvern Sting by 15 sec., but decreases the damage it deals by 20%.)
- Glyph of Snake Trap -- Snakes generated by your Snake Trap take 90% reduced damge from area of effect spells. (Old: Your Snake Trap creates 2 additional snakes)
- Glyph of the Hawk -- Increases the haste bonus of the Improved Aspect of the Hawk effect by an additional 6%. (Old: Renamed from Glyph of Improved Aspect of the Hawk)
- Glyph of Chimera Shot *new* -- Reduces the cooldown of Chimera Shot by 1 sec.
- Glyph of Explosive Shot *new* -- Increases the critical strike chance of Explosive Shot by 4%.
- Glyph of Kill Shot *new* -- Reduces the cooldown of Kill Shot by 6 sec.
- Glyph of Explosive Trap *new* -- The periodic damage from your Explosive Trap can now be critical strikes.
- Glyph of Scatter Shot *new* -- Increases the range of Scatter Shot by 3 yards.
- Glyph of Raptor Strike *new* -- For 5 sec. after using Raptor Strike, you take 20% less damage.
- *New Skill* Call Stabled Pet - A pet of your choice busts out of its stable and joins you no matter where you are, replacing your current pet. Cannot be used in combat. Instant. 30 min cooldown. Requires Level 80.
- Kill Shot no longer has a minimum range. It can now be used in melee range.
- Wild Quiver (Tier 9) now increases your chance to shoot an additional shot when doing damage with your auto shot, dealing 80% Nature damage, by 4/8/12%. (Previously it dealt 50% nature damage and had a 4/7/10% chance.)
- Piercing Shots (Tier 7) Your critical Aimed, Steady and Chimera Shots cause the target to bleed for 10/20/30% of the damage dealt over 8 sec. (Previously triggered 2/4/6% armor ignore).
- Ranged Weapon Specialization (Tier 6) is now a 3 point talent, increasing damage with ranged weapons by 1/3/5%. (Previously a 5 point talent increasing damage by 1/2/3/4/5%)
- Disengage cooldown increased to 30 secs. (Previously was 25 secs)
- Hunting Party (Tier 10) is now a 3 point talent, increasing agility by 1/2/3% and your Arcane Shot, Explosive Shot and Steady Shot critical strikes have a 33/66/100% chance to grant up to 10 party or raid members mana regeneration equal to 0.25% of the maximum mana per second. Lasts for 15 sec.
- Trap Mastery moved from Tier 9 to Tier 2 and is now a 3 point talent. Increases the duration of Frost and Freezing trap by 10/20/30%, Periodic damage of Immolation and Explosive trap by 10/20/30%, and number of snakes summoned by Snake Trap by 30%. (Previously was just 1 point)
- *New Talent* Black Arrow (Tier 9) - Fires a Black Arrow at the target, increasing all damage done by you to the target by 6% and dealing [ 10% of RAP + 785 ] Shadow damage over 15 sec. Costs 6% base mana. 5-35 yard range. Instant Cast. 30 sec cooldown.
- Sniper Training (Tier 9) has been changed to increase the critical strike chance of your Kill Shot ability by 5/10/15%, and while standing still for 6 sec., you gain Sniper Training increasing the damage done by your Steady Shot, Aimed Shot, Black Arrow and Explosive Shot by 2/4/6% Lasts 15 sec. (Previously increased damage and critical strike chance based on your range to the target)
- Wyvern Sting (Tier 7) now lasts 30 sec on the target. (Previously lasted 12 sec)
- T.N.T. (Tier 4) now increases the damage done by your Explosive Shot, Explosive Trap and Immolation Trap by 2%. (Previously increased critical strike chance of explosive shot and and gave it a chance to stun the target)
- Lock and Load (Tier 4) now has a 33/66/100% chance to proc off Freezing Shot, Freezing Trap, and Frost Trap, and a 3/7/10% chance to proc off the periodic damage of Immolation Trap and Black Arrow. (Previously worked on all traps and included serpent sting)
- Improved Wing Clip has been removed from the game.
I will go in depth to this changes, but for now, you'll have to do it with the Talent Calculator
Have Fun discovering the new mechanics of Survival Raiding!
Wednesday, February 25, 2009
We'll be getting a shadow dmg DoT of what LnL will proc. LnL will also no longer proc of Serpent sting.
We'll also need to reglyph since Serpent is useless.
I'll post on it in the coming week.
Check out MMo-champion.com Id you want to know more for now, the talent calculator is updated!
Wednesday, February 18, 2009
Guide to Survival raiding Azlannagh of Scrashield Legion
There are currently three ways of playing your Survival Hunter in raids. The first one is Sniper Training with Serpent sting LnL procs (I call it Serpent Sniper). The second one is Trap Mastery with trap LnL procs (Trap Dancer). The third and final one is a hybrid version of both play styles.
· Sniper Training
· Noxious Stings
· Trap Mastery
I won’t discuss these builds in depth because:
1. I never tried them
2. They waste too much points in SV
Improved Aspect of the Hawk: This is a great talents to get our haste softcapped. If your haste is capped enough to lose another point in this talents, feel free to do so, since its usefulness isn’t that great when your SS is on GCD when this procs.
If you take the Glyph of IAotH:
0 (not worth to take the glyph)
1 (but drop the glyph)
Lethal & Mortal Shots: Core talents for every build.
Focused Aim: Only when you need some extra %hit.
Careful Aim: A nice boost in AP. Just free DPS basically. Same as Hunter VS. Wild and Expose Weakness.
Go for the Throat: It’s advisable to take at least 1 point in this talent.
Improved Tracking: Another ‘free’ DPS upgrade. I would have put a neat macro here, but 3.0.8 rendered that useless.
Survival Instincts: Free DPS and a bit of damage reduction as well, what more can healers ask for?
Survivalist: Mandatory due to Hunter VS. Wild.
Hunter VS. Wild: Same as Careful Aim and Expose Weakness.
Lock and Load: The very CORE of survival these days
T.N.T.: Stun will be pretty much useless in a raid environment, but the extra %crit to ES is nice.
Killer Instinct: More DPS. Helps with the EW uptime.
Lighting Reflexes: …
Expose Weakness (2/3): One of our unique proc buffs. Same as Careful Aim and Hunter VS. Wild.
Trill of the Hunt: Making all those +crit talents even better.
Master Tactician: The other unique proc.
Hunting Party: One or two points should be enough to keep you (and some of your raid) going for a while.
Explosive Shot: Needs no further explanation.
Sniper Training/Resourcefulness & Trap mastery: Choose according to specc.
Not Mandatory but still nice
Wyvern Sting & Noxious Stings: Give three points for added DoT power and get a free CC!
Hawk Eye: Was kind of useful for Sniper, but I guess 3.0.1 will decrease its usefulness.
Entrapment: Some extra CC (if procs). Useful in Spider wing and blubber pulling in Construct. But for general raiding a bit pointless.
Improved Feign Death: Unlike BM you will produce massive threat, so fast agro dumping can be a blessing and also keeps the repair bill down.
Scatter Shot and other pure PvP talents have no use at all in a raid. But if you have suggestions feel free to add them.
Haste & Hit > AP > Agi > crit
With the gear from naxx, OS and EE, you will mostly receive haste rating. But gear prior to the raids has more +hit. So I ended up shipping talent points from IAotH to Focused Aim. And I need +hit food as well during raids. Unless there is a draenei nearby.
Agility is not the big deal anymore in SV. Like I explained in the talents section, the talent has taken a similar place next to Careful Aim and Hunter VS. Wild.
You will have loads of crit from your gear and with some pala’s and a feral druid in your raid, your crit will rock (especially ES)!
Explosive Shot: (RAP x 0.16 + 428) – (RAP x 0.16 + 516) damage. And of course this happens three times over 3 sec.
Serpent Sting: (RAP x 0.2 + 1210) damage over 15 sec. With the Glyph you will get two extra ticks, so the tooltip is wrong; your Sting does the damage divided by 15, times 21.
Steady Shot: (RAP x 0.1 + 252) damage. The handicapped little brother of Explosive shot. Does some nice damage if glyphed.
Aimed Shot: (Ranged DMG + 408) damage. Which means it better DPS then SS. And the debuff is nice when dealing with auto healing trash.
Kill Shot: (200% DMG + (RAP x 0.4 + 650)). Our ranged execute. With proper talents you’ll have some nice figures at the end of bossfights.
Always keep Serpent Sting up. Then start with ES > AS > SS spam. They are ranked in order of importance. A macro with that’s cast Kill Shot and Kill Command whenever they are available and spams SS if not, is nice to max out your DPS.
When LnL procs, don’t spam ES, but weave something in between. Since ES is actually a DoT and it will overlap if you cast another ES right after the other one and thus losing DPS.
Macro’s and addons
To notify of an LnL proc there is a neat addon called EventAlert which will work for every class with talent procs.
CooldownButtons is nice for those who work with hotkeys to notify them of ES or AS being off CD.